Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 121 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 31, 2010
Plain yogurt is so healthy for you, but my husband doesn't care for the taste. He really liked this recipe. This will definitely be part of our breakfast menu in the future.
Jul 27, 2010
This recipe offers a great way to create your own yogurt minus the high fructose corn syrup and unpronounceable preservatives that many commercially prepared yogurts contain. Other fruits could be used in place of the pineapple and lemon or orange zest could be substituted for the lime zest. I don't eat a lot of yogurt which is the only reason that I will probably not make it again.