Tropical Tuna Salad
"Slice a few veggies, open a couple of cans and you can put together this hearty salad in just seconds," confirms Helen Myhre of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. "The oranges and pineapple add a hint of sweetness, while water chestnuts add crunch."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (12 ounces) water-packed low-sodium tuna, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, pineapple, onions, tuna, oranges and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, soy sauce and lemon juice; pour over salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 205 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fruit.
Jan 2, 2014
I give it 5stars no doubt about it was so delicious!!!!! I made it just to try it and it was a great idea! You may not have the same feeling but literately I felt as if I was in the tropics!!!! :)