Tropical Triple Pork
With a busy day ahead, I threw this jambalaya-style main dish together using items I had on hand—it was so easy! When I served it at dinner, it earned rave reviews from my guests.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add sausage and ham. Stir in the tomatoes, mangoes, onion, red peppers, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a plate. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice): 316 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Triple Pork in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012