Tropical Tenderloin Steaks
Marinated in citrus juices, ginger and rum extract, these steaks deliver unbelievable flavor in every bite. Writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. "You could ‘build’ around these flavors, and serve a whole tropical meal!"
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a shallow dish; add the beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC