Irene Helen Zundel of Carmichaels, Pennsylvania suggests brewing a batch of this fragrant, flavorful tea in a slow cooker for your next family gathering.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 6 individual tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pineapple and orange wedges, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine boiling water and tea bags. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. If desired, serve with pineapple and orange wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 82 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Tropical Tea in Taste of Home February/March 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.