Tropical Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Sweet potatoes take on a tropical twist with crushed pineapple mixed in. I add a crumb topping, which bakes to a pretty golden color, and a fresh pineapple garnish. —Mary Gaylord, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan, cover sweet potatoes with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Add the pineapple, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines, brown sugar, cloves and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Sweet Potatoes
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2012
"This was a different twist to sweet potatoes."
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
"Made this for my family on Christmas and several people asked me for the recipe. It is very good and just sweet enough."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC