- 4 large sweet potatoes (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch cloves
- In a large saucepan, cover sweet potatoes with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl; mash. Add the pineapple, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; mix well . Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines, brown sugar, cloves and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forTropical Sweet Potatoes
"This was a different twist to sweet potatoes."
"Made this for my family on Christmas and several people asked me for the recipe. It is very good and just sweet enough."