Tropical Sweet Potato Salad
I had an abundance of sweet potatoes, so I put them to work and came up with this sweet and spicy salad. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thawed pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped, veins removed
- Thinly sliced serrano pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes, mango and onion in a single layer in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with chili powder, salt and pepper. Bake, turning vegetables at least twice, until tender, 35-40 minutes; cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Combine Miracle Whip, yogurt, pineapple juice concentrate and serrano peppers. Fold into potato mixture. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Serve cold. If desired, sprinkle with sliced serrano.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 240 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Sweet Potato Salad in Taste of Home Summer 2018