Tropical Sweet Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe banana
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first 13 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the macadamia nuts.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 157 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 27, 2013
This was just yummy. Easy to prep, just enough sweet to satisfy a sweet tooth :) I omitted the buttermilk and used white milk, but everything else stayed the same. It was terrific!
May 14, 2013
this bread is EXCELLENT! Just sweet enough to be a sweet bread, but not TOO sweet like a coffee cake. I thought it made a great breakfast bread warmed slightly with a bit of butter. Very nice consistency, tasted wonderful! I HIGHLY recommend trying this one. *note* I didnt have buttermilk, so I used skim. I also reduced the sugar because the fruit has enough sweetening properties. It was still excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.