- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 finely chopped chipotle peppers plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove.
- In same skillet, cook onion and pepper until softened, 2-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Return pork to pan; stir in chicken stock. Cook, covered, until pork is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in next five ingredients; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTropical Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
"Made this for supper the other night and our whole family loved it! I did make a few changes, although I'm sure the original recipe is fantastic! I only used 1/2 of the pineapple tidbits and omitted the chipotle pepper. I cooked the pork cubes, along with the sauce, in the oven in a covered casserole dish for 1 and 1/2 hours at 300 degrees. After baking, I added the white rice. This method is longer, but the meat was very tender and flavorful. Excellent recipe!"
"We tried this last night and WOW. We have found a new favorite."
"This recipe was easy and tasty. I thought the chipotle overwhelmed the dish so I would probably leave it out next time. The pineapple adds a nice touch to offset the spice of the chipotle."
"New favorite recipe!! This was so good! Perfect balance of sweet & spicy! The whole family loved it!!"