Tropical Stuffed Pears
Deborah Reno of Central City, Kentucky fills pear halves with a sweet and creamy concoction of pineapple, coconut and pecans. "This tempting dessert is special enough for guests but so easy to make. You can serve it after a quick lunch or dinner," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, pineapple, marshmallows, coconut and pecans. Place pears on lettuce if desired; spoon pineapple mixture into the center of each.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 325 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Stuffed Pears in Quick Cooking March/April 1998