- 1 small butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pineapple salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Halve squash lengthwise; remove seeds. Place in a microwave-safe dish, cut side down. Microwave, covered, on high until soft, 15-20 minutes; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine salsa and beans; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop out squash pulp; place in a bowl. Mash until smooth; stir in seasonings. Spoon squash and salsa mixtures onto center of tortillas; top with spinach and roll up. Yield: 6 servings
Reviews forTropical Squash and Black Bean Burritos
"This is so tasty, the pineapple salsa is just perfect on this and with whole wheat tortillas this is a keeper."