Tropical Snap Pea & Mango Salad
We toss romaine with chunks of mango, avocado, sugar snap peas, red onion and a homemade honey-lime dressing. A little toasted coconut sprinkled on top adds extra texture. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lime zest, lime juice and oil until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Island Paradise Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.