Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
Makes40-50 servings (about 11 quarts)
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- In a blender, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, stir until slushy. Stir in soda. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 98 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 22, 2013
I love this recipe from my childhood. But I wonder if the calorie count is correct. I am making this for church next week and will skip the sugar (too much already in all those fruit concentrates for the diabetics)Thanks for reminding me of this long time favorite.
Jun 3, 2012
Excellent beverage for summer!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.