- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- In a blender container, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, break up and mash mixture with a potato masher. Stir in soda. Yield: 40-50 servings (about 11 quarts).
Reviews forTropical Slush
"I love this recipe from my childhood. But I wonder if the calorie count is correct. I am making this for church next week and will skip the sugar (too much already in all those fruit concentrates for the diabetics)Thanks for reminding me of this long time favorite."
"Excellent beverage for summer!"