This refreshing dish is an excellent accompaniment to any meal on a hot day. I also enjoy it during the cold months—the blend of crunch cabbage, sweet fruit and chewy coconut seems to mentally transport me to a warm tropical island. It goes over well at potlucks.—Anna Marie Nicholas, Americus, Georgia
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) pineapple yogurt
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Stir lemon juice and banana into reserved juice.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, oranges, marshmallows, coconut, walnuts, raisins, salt, pineapple and banana mixture. Add yogurt; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p44
Reviews forTropical Slaw
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2009
"This recipe is delicious! I left out the marshmallows because I didn't have any the 2nd time and it was still delicious!"