Tropical Sausage Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks or 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and mustard until smooth. Gradually stir in ginger ale and honey until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Alternately thread sausage and fruit onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with mustard sauce. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes or until evenly browned, basting and turning several times.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2015
This was great! Since we rarely use mustard, I only have regular mustard and used that. Also, my skewers are thick metal and would have broken the canned pineapple chunks so I added the sausage, pineapple and banana slices to the sauce in the pan. Delicious!
Aug 30, 2014
Delicious, quick and easy! It gave a very different taste to the kielbasa and the fruit was just delicious with that sauce. I save the leftover sauce to grill bananas for desert another day!
May 3, 2014
Definitely an odd sounding combo- but it is WONDERFUL!
Dec 7, 2010
Wow! Everyone went wild for this receipe! Some thought it sounded like a strange combo. at first, but there was nothing left after dinner. It was a big hit. I will be using the glaze on other things too. Fantastic!