Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
The title says it all. The pinapple, macadamia nuts and coconut truely give it a South-Seas feel. You will love it!—
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 354 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.