Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
The title says it all. The pinapple, macadamia nuts and coconut truely give it a South-Seas feel. You will love it!—
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with coconut.