I used what I had in my cupboard to make this pork, and the results were fantastic! I enjoy transforming an inexpensive cut of meat to something extraordinary. —Shelly Mitchell, Gresham, Oregon
Featured In: 20 Slider Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- Rub roast with garlic and lemon pepper. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple and orange juice. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and cooking juices to slow cooker. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve with rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews forTropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2017 Edited Jan. 25, 2017
"This was excellent. easy to make and my whole family loved it."