Tropical Pork Kabobs
My dad created the sauce in this recipe years ago, and I began using it on these kabobs. With three children, I grill often because it's a no-fuss way to put good food on the table.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Makes6 servings (12 kabobs)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- Place pork, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add pineapple chunks to pork mixture. Combine the molasses, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining sauce over meat and vegetables. Seal bag; refrigerate several hours. Discard marinade.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate pork, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pork juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade.
Originally published as Tropical Pork Kabobs in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.