Tropical Pork Kabobs
My dad created the sauce in this recipe years ago, and I began using it on these kabobs. With three children, I grill often because it's a no-fuss way to put good food on the table.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Makes6 servings (12 kabobs)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- Place pork, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add pineapple chunks to pork mixture. Combine the molasses, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining sauce over meat and vegetables. Seal bag; refrigerate several hours. Discard marinade.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate pork, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pork juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade.