- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- Place pork, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add pineapple chunks to pork mixture. Combine molasses, soy sauce and pineapple juice; mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining sauce over meat and vegetables. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate several hours. Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate pork, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium coals, turning and basting with reserved marinade, for 12-15 minutes or until the pork juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings (12 kabobs).
Reviews forTropical Pork Kabobs
"Not nearly enough flavor and gave the pork the flavor of canned peas. We fed it to the dog and won't be making it again."