Tropical Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup DOLE pineapple tidbits
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook pork, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Add water and reserved sauce. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, adding more water if needed. Stir in pineapple and heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 12, 2016
Tasty! I only used 1 T. Mustard after reading other reviews. I will probably make again. I also drained the pineapple. Sauce is thin so you may want to thicken it with some cornstarch.
Feb 5, 2016
This is a family favorite. I've been making this recipe on a regular basis for 10 years.
May 27, 2013
I agree with the previous review the taste of the mustard is to strong, it over powers all of the other flavors. Next time I will only use 1 tablespoon of mustard. Other than that it was easy to make & good !
Oct 21, 2012
This had way too much mustard for my taste and I like mustard. I ended up making twice the amount of sauce but with half the amount of mustard. I wasn't sure if pineapple was supposed to be drained so I added half the juice from the can. I really liked it with these minor adjustments.
Nov 24, 2009
A delicious sweet-sour pork dish>
Feb 24, 2009
I have been looking for a recipe like this for so long! I'll be serving it tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to it.