Tropical Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook pork, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Add water and reserved sauce. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, adding more water if needed. Stir in pineapple and heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 12, 2016
Tasty! I only used 1 T. Mustard after reading other reviews. I will probably make again. I also drained the pineapple. Sauce is thin so you may want to thicken it with some cornstarch.
Feb 5, 2016
This is a family favorite. I've been making this recipe on a regular basis for 10 years.
May 27, 2013
I agree with the previous review the taste of the mustard is to strong, it over powers all of the other flavors. Next time I will only use 1 tablespoon of mustard. Other than that it was easy to make & good !
Oct 21, 2012
This had way too much mustard for my taste and I like mustard. I ended up making twice the amount of sauce but with half the amount of mustard. I wasn't sure if pineapple was supposed to be drained so I added half the juice from the can. I really liked it with these minor adjustments.
Nov 24, 2009
A delicious sweet-sour pork dish>
Feb 24, 2009
I have been looking for a recipe like this for so long! I'll be serving it tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.