Tropical Pineapple Dessert
We love Hawaii, and when we aren't visiting the beautiful Islands, I keep the Hawaiian spirit at home by serving this delicious dessert.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir in egg and pineapple until well blended. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Combine the coconut, nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle with batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 307 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Tropical Pineapple Dessert in Country Woman May/June 2002
Aug 10, 2011
This recipe is quick and delicious. I have made this several time this summer. I have substituted the macadamias for pecan and it came out just as good!!! Always a hit!