Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and 1 tablespoon reserved juice until smooth. Add bananas to remaining reserved juice. Fold 1/4 cup whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain bananas; arrange half of the slices in the crust. Carefully spread with cream cheese mixture. Layer with pineapple and remaining bananas and whipped topping. Garnish with cherries and walnuts. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 240 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 9, 2016
I usually make this pie once a month. I use the sweetener but not low-fat versions of the other ingredients, just a personal preference.
Feb 15, 2010
The best compliment about this pie is there was nothing left!
Sep 12, 2009
Sounds wonderful. Also tip from rd11857 sounds really good also. will try both ways. Thanks
Jun 5, 2009
I have made this pie three times now and Everyone loved it. The last time I used a chocolate crust and added a layer of strawberries with the bananas. It tasted like a banana split. Very refreshing during the hot weather.