Tropical Paradise Milkshakes
Slip away to paradise without leaving home with these fruity, coconutty shakes. A little pineapple rum or coconut rum would make them extra indulgent. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium limes, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Fresh pineapple, kiwifruit, strawberries, mango, starfruit and edible blossoms, optional
- Cut 1 lime into wedges. Moisten rims of 6 margarita or cocktail glasses with a lime wedge. Sprinkle coconut on a plate; dip rims in coconut.
- Zest and juice remaining lime. Place zest and juice in a blender. Add pineapple, mango, banana, ice cream and milks; cover and process until smooth. Pour 2/3 cup mixture into each prepared glass. Add strawberries to remaining mixture in blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into glasses; garnish as desired with lime wedges and optional ingredients.