- 1 package (18 ounces) ready-to-bake refrigerated white chip macadamia nut cookie dough, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried tropical fruit bits
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press nine portions of dough into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the eggs, pineapple, milk, dried fruit, brown sugar, flour and extract. Pour over crust. Crumble the remaining dough over filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and cherries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTropical Macadamia Custard Dessert
"I made this dessert for a family dinner. I could not locate the Dried Tropical Fruit Bits so I substituted dried mango slices which I chopped. Everyone ate their portion and seemed to like it, but I found it really. really sweet. I'm not sure if I will make this again unless I can find the tropical bits."