- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, butter, ginger and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally. Brush avocado slices with lime juice. Arrange chicken, avocado and nuts over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTropical Glazed Chicken Strips
"This was a pretty good meal. I'd suggest being careful with your chicken and keep testing it, because half of my chicken was overcooked after only 15 minutes. The taste is VERY tart, and was a tad strong for us, but it was a good taste. It just needed to be toned down. I'd also suggest sprinkling the chicken with some salt & pepper before browning it to give it a little more flavor. I served this with a side of steamed carrots I had drizzle with leftover glaze. I'd make this again, but look for a way to tone down the "POW" of tartness."