Tropical Ginger Rice
Fragrant and fruity, this ginger-scented rice goes with Asian, Indian and other fusion dishes. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, ginger and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 18-22 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in dried fruit and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 186 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 24, 2020
This is my new go to rice recipe.....YUM YUM YUM........Easy and tasty and delicious. I served this rice with the Taste of Home Apricot Chicken Recipe. It was a perfect accompaniment.
Aug 12, 2017