Tropical Ginger Rice
Fragrant and fruity, this ginger-scented rice goes with Asian, Indian and other fusion dishes. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, ginger and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 18-22 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in dried fruit and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 186 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Ginger Pecan Rice in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015