VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 medium ripe bananas, diced
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool completely. In a 4-qt. freezer container, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour sugar water over the fruit. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Slush in Country August/September 2002, p51