Tropical Fruit Medley
You'll especially appreciate this salad in winter when fresh fruit isn't readily available. Serving a smaller crowd? No problem! The recipe can easily be cut in half.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chunky mixed fruit, drained
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery and fruit. Combine mayonnaise, salad dressing, vinegar, honey and curry powder. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 455 calories, 37g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Medley in Country Chicken Cookbook