Tropical Fruit Medley
You'll especially appreciate this salad in winter when fresh fruit isn't readily available. Serving a smaller crowd? No problem! The recipe can easily be cut in half.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chunky mixed fruit, drained
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery and fruit. Combine mayonnaise, salad dressing, vinegar, honey and curry powder. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 455 calories, 37g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Medley in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.