Tropical Fish Fillets
A hint of lime, cilantro, coriander, cumin seasons these fish fillets. Writes Adrene Schmidt of Waldersee, Manitoba, "My husband and I have four children and we all like fish. Sometimes you have to do a little something exotic with it to add some spice to life. This recipe does just that."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 orange roughy or red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coat fish fillet with flour. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add fillets; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the remaining ingredients; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve over fillets.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.