Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and bananas. Sprinkle with brown sugar and flour; toss to coat. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 188 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
May 16, 2020
Love the concept! To Great Grand Ma... so....someone would spend all this time to make a dessert that you would only have 1 serving? So if you really like it, are you going to go right back in the kitchen and make another one? And I would think you wouldn't eat it all at one sitting. So you gave this person zero stars because you couldn't think outside the box and cut the ingredients in half? Maybe you should google "desserts for 2 people "
May 9, 2020
To Great Grand Ma - why rate a recipe zero stars when your are complaining about serving size. Contact TOH to make the complaint! Don't fault the recipe!!
Jun 10, 2014
I made this for a family gathering. Since I love coconut, I added a lot more coconut and it was a huge hit! I served it with vanilla ice cream at room temperature...not a bite was left!
Jan 3, 2012
No! Being alone--I don't need a recipe for 9 or so many people! Would appreciate recipes for 1 or 2 people!
Sep 7, 2011
I added a little extra brown sugar and probably an extra 1 -2 tbsp of toasted coconut because of reviews that said it was bland. It was definitely sweet and delicious with a bit of tart from the pineapple. My husband only liked it with ice cream, I thought it was better without though. I would think using canned pineapple might not get it as soft. I will definitely make this again.
Sep 1, 2011
My Mom made this the other day. I did not care for the bananas in it. Next time maybe put coconut and mandarin oranges in it.
Sep 1, 2011
We loved this receipe. Tart on the first bite, but its great! The sweetness of the bananas helped to curb the tartness of the pineapple. This would be great for breakfast also.
Sep 1, 2011
My family did not care for this. Too bland.
Aug 29, 2011
My family didn't like the bananas in it; gave it a bland taste. so next time I make it I will use peaches or mangos in.
Aug 26, 2011
One of the best desserts I've ever had/made...will definitely be a staple in my household from now on. I topped it with one scoop of low fat frozen yogurt and it really brought it together!