Tropical Cranberry Cobbler
The sunny island flavors of pineapple and orange go so well with the tart cranberries in this Hawaiian-inspired dessert. A scoop of vanilla ice cream makes it a creamy treat. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a greased 6-qt. oval slow cooker, layer cranberries, pineapple and 3/4 cup coconut. In a bowl, mix marmalade, brown sugar and melted butter; spoon evenly over fruit.
- In a large bowl, combine first seven topping ingredients; beat on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour over filling.
- Cook, covered, on low until top springs back when lightly touched, about 4 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove insert; let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Test Kitchen Tips