A friend sent this recipe to me, mentioning that she thought I'd really like it. I've been indebted to her ever since. This is one coleslaw kids really like.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, toss banana slices and lemon juice. In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, celery, oranges and raisins. Drain bananas; discard juice. Add bananas, yogurt, walnuts and salt to cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 139 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Coleslaw in Country April/May 2002
Mar 2, 2011
Suprisingly different! Sweet and a touch salty and absolutely wonderful. I added some shredded, sweetend coconut for the final tropical note. Thanks for the recipe!
Apr 27, 2010
Had this a party, loved it, so did everyone else.