Tropical Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, blend the sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the sour cream mixture. Stir in pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 393 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2015
This cake was really fibrous, with stringy pieces of pineapple sticking out of the cut slices. I didn't like it very much. I did not use the coconut. I would not make this again.
Jan 1, 2009
This coffee cake is truly delicious. Moist and not too sweet - and so easy to make. Thank you, Alisha.