Tropical Chicken Bake
Cooking is a wonderful way to let your creativity come through. I start with basic recipes, then add my own personal touches. My family is always happy with the results!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds or pecans
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, bananas, oranges and pineapple. Top with chicken; pour sauce over all. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Chicken Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.