Cooking is a wonderful way to let your creativity come through. I start with basic recipes, then add my own personal touches. My family is always happy with the results!
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds or pecans
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides. In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, bananas, oranges and pineapple. Top with chicken; pour sauce over all. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Chicken Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p61