The cheesecake-like base is versatile and can also be used for many recipes, from pies, ice cream and ice cream cake fillings. You'll feel like you've escaped to the beach after one bite! —Debra Goforth, Newport, Tennessee
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped dried mango
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved and patted dry
- Place nuts in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add crushed cookies, coconut and butter; pulse just until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping; press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, coconut milk and extract until blended. Fold in whipped topping, pineapple, mango and cherries. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping. Freeze, covered, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Cheesecake Freeze in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014