Tropical Candy Cane Freeze
When winter gets stormy, I try to imagine a tropical beach. This creamy beverage is frosty cold, but it warms me as if I’m in paradise. —Jennifer Stowell, Montezuma, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen nonalcoholic pina colada mix
- 10 cups ice cubes, divided
- 1-1/3 cups rum or 2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen nonalcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
- In a covered blender, process pina colada mix, 5 cups ice and 2/3 cup rum or 1 cup water until blended. Repeat with strawberry daiquiri mix and remaining ingredients. Slowly pour prepared pina colada and prepared strawberry daiquiri by 1/4 cupfuls into the center of 10 highball glasses, alternating layers. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Tropical Candy Cane in Taste of Home December 2016