Looking for a nutritious dish you can make ahead of time? Try this light and lively salad from Marti Gutwein of Rensselaer, Indiana. ”This is an unusual combination but very good and very colorful,“ shares Marti.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- In a small bowl, whisk ranch dressing and orange juice. In a serving bowl, combine the broccoli, mango, orange, onion and cashews. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Broccoli Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p64