Tropical Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cubed French bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 small firm banana, sliced
- 3 tablespoons crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place half of the bread cubes in a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the banana, pineapple, coconut and lemon juice; spoon over bread cubes. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and brown sugar. Add the cream and vanilla; mix well. Pour over bread and press down slightly. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 236 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 28, 2017
I loved the pineapple and banana flavors! Bread pudding is usually considered a "heavy" or rich dessert, but the tropical flavors in this recipe really bring some freshness to the dish!