Pineapple tidbits lend to this dish's slight sweet-and-sour flavor. I often freeze some in serving-size portions for quick lunches.—Vera Knopp, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) ketchup
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until heated through.
Originally published as Tropical Beans in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book