Tropical Bagel Pizzas
"The key to this recipe," writes Carla Crudup of Torrance, California, "is to make sure you finely chop all the vegetables. It's a great recipe to make ahead and store in the freezer or refrigerator. "
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade; place chicken in a small shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Cool completely, then finely chop.
- Spread bagel halves with pizza sauce. Top with chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.