Triple-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
My kids go for sweet potatoes stuffed with leftover turkey and dressing. We enjoy being in the kitchen together, each of us making our own potato boats. —Ane Burke, Bella Vista, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Place potato shells in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; stir in cranberry sauce. Fold in turkey, marshmallows and pecans; spoon into shells. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through.