- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Pulse nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Mix nuts into dough.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 10 minutes.
- Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Roll slightly cooled cookies in sugar; return cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cookies in sugar again just before serving. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forTriple Nut Snowballs
"Tasty, but not worth the effort, nor the expense of the nuts! These cookies fall apart too easily when trying to roll them in confectioner's sugar."