My dad has always been crazy about nuts, so when I came upon this recipe, I knew I had to try it. The diamond shape is a nice addition to the Christmas cookie tray. —Darlene King, Estevan, Saskatchewan
Recommended: Top 10 Brunch Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter (no substitutes), divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup each chopped pecans, walnuts and almonds
- Line a greased 9-in. square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar, honey and remaining butter until bubbly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and nuts. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until surface is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Using foil, lift bars out of the pan; cut into 1-in. diamonds. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Triple-Nut Diamonds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p113