Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 5-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 2-2/3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the mushrooms and shallots in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups broth, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour with remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 296 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 18, 2010
This was really good, but the sauce was kind of runny. Next time, I may try with whole grain pasta
Oct 15, 2010
The concept of the recipe was good, we really enjoyed all the mushrooms. I made exactly as written this time, but will have to tweak b/f making again. There was a bit too much sour cream for us.
Sep 26, 2010
I loved this, the flavor was great. Next time, I may make with whole grain pasta though. Also, the sauce was a little thin, but it worked.