Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 5-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 2-2/3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the mushrooms and shallots in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups broth, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour with remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
2/3 cup: 296 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.