- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (3-1/2 cups)
- 6 medium carrot, peeled and sliced (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain vegetables and transfer to a bowl. Mash vegetables and add the butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTriple Mashed Vegetables
"I was raised on mashed rutabaga and carrots, but have never tried it with potatoes. It sounds really good."