Triple Layered Bars
We created these chocolaty bars in our food science class at school. They're really pretty drizzled in white and taste great!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and lemon extract. Gradually add the flour. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla, Beat in cooled chocolate mixture, flour and salt. Pour over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle candy coating over bars. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Triple Layered Bars in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.