Triple Ginger Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, molasses and fresh ginger. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, ground ginger, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set and edges begin to brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough water to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 97 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 21, 2016
Made these cookies today. They were easy to prepare and quite good. I didn't make any changes. The dough seemed a bit dry. Watch when baking. Mine took less than the stated time.